Monday, April 11, 2011

GREEN SMOOTHIE MY FAVORITE

My new PASSION. Everyone who has had one, really had one is in LOVE!



I promise you will LOVE GREEN SMOOTHIES. My kids drink them up and it is just veggies and fruit (almost). They are very filling and I don't feel guilty having seconds. It takes at most 5 minutes. Here is one of my favorite recipes, it is great for your first green smoothie because it isn't really green:
The first half of the blender I fill with spinach and a little water. I pretty much blend that until it is almost half way pureed spinach. If you watch the video I attached it will show you how. She has a super fancy blender in the video, I don't and it works fine. It will use a lot of spinach but I promise you wont taste it. Spinach is one of the best veggies out there. I sometimes throw in kale, sprouts, or broccoli but you can at times taste it a little more. So wait until you are use to your green smoothie to add the other's. I then put in one very ripe banana, one orange, 4 oz of vanilla or blueberry yogurt, 1/3 of a frozen 100% grape juice concentrate (save the other 2/3's you can use them on other day's for other smoothies), I then fill the rest with frozen blueberries. Once it is all in there add water to fill in the gaps. Blend. It is DELICIOUS!!! Here is a youtube video of Green Smoothie Girl making her drink I am in love with her website http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/ everything she says is true. You will never have so much and energy and your digestive tract will have never been better, your skin will be clear, etc. It is real. I just do one smoothie a day and have seen a huge difference in my kids and my digestive, energy, health and it just makes me crave better foods. Tara has her recipe book and has some really good recipes. I know it sounds hard but now that I am use to making them it really takes under 3 minutes. You can freeze the banana's and spinach. People add extras flax seed oil etc. I haven't really done that much. Greensmoothiegirl.com has some interesting facts for you. It will keep you full all morning. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment