Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Worry BE Happy



I have realized recently how difficult it can be to just relax and count your many blessings. EVERYONE is facing different trials. Perhaps it's illness, the economy, your marriage, parenting, loss of a love one etc. Everyone has a story to tell. Do you let yours have a happy ending? Sometimes I do, other times I have a hard time focusing on anything but me, me, me... It can be a hard habit to break. Here is one of my favorite quotes:
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
"Life is to be enjoyed, not endured"
-Gordon B. Hinckley
My moments of bliss:
-sun in my window
-a happy husband
-hearing my children laugh together
-watching them sleep
-walking into a warm home
-delicious food
-seeing Gods hand in my life
-an uplifting conversation with a dear friend
-sisters
My ride is a lot more thrilling then I realized :)
I was inspired to write this post after reading my friends blog who had this quote:
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
-Charles R. Swindoll
We all can think of someone who seems to see the good in everything. I hope to be more like them :)

What are some of your moments of bliss? Please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment