Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brillant Lazy Mom Exercise

Maybe if I (Marcie) was as atheletic as Tara or as hard working as April this type of exercise wouldn't be necessary. But, I am not. I would rather start a new blog, play with my make-up, shop, or play with my kids. I was talking with a dear friend the other day and she gave me the idea to exercise while playing with my children! BRILLANT!!! I run out ot things during the day to keep my active two year old entertained and feel guilty for not being more active myself. All I need to do is play with my kids while having a fast heart rate for a half hour. I love it and it get's me moving. Here are some idea's I have thought of:

Race him on foot while he is on his bike up and down the street while pushing sweet Layla in a stroller
Play soccer. Kick the ball while running around Liam (he thinks it is so funny)
Use the kids swimming floating divice as a kick board while swimming laps and pushing them (may not last the whole time but it gets me moving)
Tag
Run around the house (from sharks, dinos, and dragons obviously)
Take Them to the park down the street which has a side walk around it. The park is maybe an 1/2 acre. Run around it while they play.
In the winter go sledding and pull them around in a sled

I am open to any new ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment