Monday, August 24, 2009

Shrimp Tacos

I love to cook and I can't wait to share my first recipe!
Here is one of my favorite things that I created based on one of my favorite dishes, Ceviche.
Shrimp Tacos
Ingredients
1 bag of already cooked and peeled shrimp
2 Bell Pepper (your favorite kind) I like to use Yellow to have a variety of colors
5 Tomatoes
1/2 Purple Onion
2 Avocado
1 bundle pf cilantro
1 frozen orange Juice concentrate
l2 imes
2 tsp Seasoning Salt
Bag of Corn Tortillas
1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
optional - 2 plantains, with more vegetable oil for frying

1. Defrost the shimp under cold water
2. Dice all the fresh ingredients besides the limes
3. combine all ingredients diced and defrosted
4. Put orange juice in Pitcher and make with about a thrid the water you normally use to make orange juice
5. pour about 1/2 cup of orange juice (Possible more)
6. squeeze the lime juice in
7. Add seasoning salt
8. Heat up half of the vegetable oil in a small frying pan
9. When oil is hot, begin frying each tortilla until crispy but not too brown
10. fry one at a time flipping 2 to 3 times
11. I like to make around 4 per person. You will be surprised how quickly it goes.
12. I love fried plantains with my shrip tacos. Peel and slice the plantains. Fry in hot oil. flip and turn until crispy
13. These make the shrimp mixture tast really good just in a bowl with these on top, or just sprinkled on top of your tacos
- If you have any questions, I will respond to your comment.
Take Care! April

I promise this is extremly yummy and fresh tasting. The longest part of this meal is dicing the fresh foods. This is a great meal to prepare during your kids naps because all of the citrus juices keeps it fresh and almost better tasting while it is frozen in the fridge. Leavign the frying for the evening when your husband is home to help with the kids while you take 15 minutes to finish the meal!
Bon Apetit

No comments:

Post a Comment